Geek Pastor Podcast

Geek News & Reviews wrapped in a nice spiritual burrito!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

New iPods for the Holiday season?

According to an article on ilounge.com, during Apple's fourth quarter conference call with analysts and press today, they announced that there would be a complete revamp of the iPod line-up. The article by Larry Angell says that:

"While discussing the iPod family and the new iPod nano, which just replaced the iPod mini, Tim Cook, Apple’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and operations, said that his company had some “very innovative new products that we have yet to introduce” for the holiday season. Cook noted that Apple began working on “revolutionary” new versions of its iPods more than a year ago, and that last quarter was the final quarter for the older models."

Seriously, this has the potential to tick me off! It just seems that everytime I get an iPod, the folks at Apple chose to revamp! It happened when I got the 3rd G, and it's happening now that I have the 4th G!!

I'm happy for Apple though, what other company has the guts to discontinue thei highest selling product (The mini) in favor of something all together different (nano).

Best of luck to Apple and let's wait and see what happens next!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice the Brit said...

See now that is what keeps STOPPING me getting a 'much coveted' iPod - the fact that I know as SOON as I invest in one, they will come out with a biggger (in GB) smaller (in size) better one for cheaper!!!

My son has the red/black U2 one, got it for his 16th bday (he paid $200 of it) and I love the colors of that, but like the nano size.

I also am coveting a new digital camera, mine is scractched, beat up from overuse !!

Alice,
Mum to the 4 M&Ms, kids not candy!

10/16/2005 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home